Archive of ‘Beauty’ category
A BIG Thank you to Beauty Insider and Doobop Co-Founder Jodie Patterson and her team for producing a wonderful Google Hangout. Our Dr. Heather was a central part of the #AsktheDermatologist #BrownSkin101 themed LIVE broadcast. #Tunein #NOW
Between January and March of 2013, a consumer study was conducted to gage the results of the Specific Beauty Skincare line. The study was conducted by a colleague at the University of Miami, board certified dermatologist, Dr. Delilah Alonso.
In this study, 20 participants were asked to use the following Specific Beauty products:
- Exfoliating Cleansing Cloths
- Daily Hydrating Lotion SPF30
- Professional Moisture Complex
- Night Treatment Complex
After using each product, the participant was asked to respond to a few statements meant to summarize their experience with the product. The participants were able to respond; Strongly Agree, Agree, Neutral, Disagree, or Strongly Disagree.
Exfoliating Cleansing Cloths
First the 20 participants were asked to use Specific Beauty’s Exfoliating Cleansing Cloths. Then they were asked to what degree they agreed with the following statements:
- After using the Exfoliating Cleansing Cloths my skin felt clean, refreshed, and toned.
- The Exfoliating Cleansing Cloths provided gentle and effective exfoliation.
- The Exfoliating Cleansing Cloths effectively removed makeup.
The results from the questionnaire were that over 98% of participants agreed or strongly agreed with the above statements. For more details on the responses to individual questions, take a look at the graphic below.
Daily Hydrating Lotion SPF30
The same 20 participants were next asked to use Specific Beauty’s Daily Hydrating Lotion SPF30. They were once again asked to what degree (strongly agree, agree, neutral, disagree, or strongly disagree) they felt the following statements were true:
- The Daily Hydrating Lotion SPF30 spreads easily and dries with a clear finish.
- The Daily Hydrating Lotion SPF30 did not leave a white residue.
- The Daily Hydrating Lotion SPF 30 worked well with makeup.
- After using the Daily Hydrating Lotion SPF30, my skin had a glow.
- The Daily Hydrating Lotion SPF30 is lightweight and non-greasy.
This series of statements resulted in 84% of the participants answering agreed or strongly agreed. Take a look at the graphic below for more details on the questionnaire.
Professional Moisture Complex
The next product to be put to the test was Specific Beauty’s Professional Moisture Complex. Participants were then asked for their responses to the following statements:
- The Professional Moisture Complex absorbs easily.
- The Professional Moisture Complex is soothing.
- After using the Professional Moisture Complex, my skin is hydrated.
In this part of the study, 100% of the participants either agreed or strongly agreed to the statements above. Check out the graphic below for a more in depth look at each statement.
Night Treatment Complex
Specific Beauty’s Night Treatment Complex was the final product tested in this consumer study. The participants were asked how they felt about the following statements:
- After using the Night Treatment Complex, my skin texture improved.
- After using the Night Treatment Complex, my skin is brighter.
- After using the Night treatment Complex, my skin clarity is improved.
- After using the Night Treatment Complex, my skin hydration is improved.
In this study, 77.5% of the participants either agreed or strongly agreed to the statements above. Take a look at the graphic below to see the results from each statement.
Everyone knows the number on the front of their sunblock bottle but do you actually know what it means? Sunblock is a beauty must, so make sure you’ve got the numbers right!